woensdag 7 december 2016

Shoreline Castle

Shoreline Castle


My name I forgot- I never heard it spoken,
I search the dunes for what the sea couldn't use.
I take it home and keep it as a token,
There's nothing to gain and nothing to lose.
Only taking, never stealing,
Only using, never dealing,
Building a castle from the waste and refuse.

I never worked a day for food nor money,
There's nothing I need 'cept the things I may find,
This is my life, don't take it from me,
I've left all my needs and desires behind.
I'm gonna show the world my power,
I'll have it grow into a tower,
With beauty and splendour all in my mind.

The waves need ages to break its resistance,
The castle's empty now, still reaching into the sky.
Broken windows gaze into the distance,
Decaying slowly as the years pass by.
People come and wonder
What kind of spell it's under,
The castle smiles sadly about the truth of a lie.

(From On Schedule - Flyte, unreleased album 1981)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten